In 2016 FEBS Education Committee started the idea of FEBS Ambassadors on Education: each national Constituent Society, member of FEBS, may nominate an ambassador, who will participate in joint initiatives to brain-storm and start actions on educational issues across Europe, in order to develop the mission and vision of FEBS on educational issues —to promote education throughout Europe.
|(sort)||(sort by name)||(sort by surname)|
|Bosnia and Herzegovina||Tamer||Bego|
The 1st meeting of the ambassadors, together with FEBS Education Committee, took place in Prague, 8-9 April 2016.
The 2nd meeting took place in Paris, 7-8 April 2017.
The 3rd meeting took place in Zagreb, 6-7 April 2018.
The 4th meeting took place in Tbilisi, 5-6 April 2019.
The 5th meeting was planned in Vilnius, Lithuania, 8-9 May 2020, but it had to be cancelled.
A virtual half-day event will be held on 20 May 2021
A full face-to-face event is also expected to be held at Vilnius in autumn 2021.
Education workshops initiated by Ambassadors and supported by FEBS EdCom
FEBS Education Committee has established a programme of economical support for education workshops inititaed by the FEBS Education Ambassadors, with support from their Society.
- “Activate your Teaching” - workshop of innovative education. Tenerife, Spain, 21-24 September 2020
- Better skills for better jobs: Excellent lab book for an excellent career. Zagreb, Croatia,17-18 December 2020
- Evidence based teaching in your biomolecular classroom: catalysing student engagement. Braga, Portugal,
3 and 5 February 2021postponed
- Education and training for successful research careers. Ukmergės, Lithuania,
18-19 June 2020postponed
- Implementing more participative and engaging ways of teaching and learning. Alcalá de Henares, Spain. 17-18 January 2019
- Excellence in learning and teaching biochemistry. Rome, Italy. 16-17 September 2019
- Better skills for better jobs: Education and training for successful research careers. Lovran, Croatia. 25,28 September 2019.